Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Turn Toward the East...

This has been a quiet and wonderful Advent. Since we decided not to travel this year, I have been able to spend more time immersing myself into the prayer of the season and finding more time to listen. (Note: my wife and I have fairly well dropped out of the cultural Christmas thing.)

I especially have been focusing on the "O Antiphons." Today, right after the Radiant Dawn, the King of all nations. One writer points out that now the focus swings to mankind and not just he people of Israel. Thinking about that, I realize that this is also the day the sun starts to come back.
The beauty and depth of these liturgical practices never fail to amaze me. A deep, quiet place to go in these outwardly hectic days.

The King of All Nations, Yes, yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment