Monday, August 27, 2012

St.Monica

We all have our "go-to" saints.  These are the ones who are special to us for any number of reasons. These may be saints who we feel we can relate to because of what they experienced in their lives and the similairities to what we are experiencing in our lives.  St. Monica is one of my "go-to" saints simply because we are both parents who faced challenges with our kids.  When we were wrestling over issues with my youngest daughter, I turned to St. Monica for intercession.  To this day, I am convinced her prayers helped us get our hearts and hands around the demons our daughter was dealing with and helped her on her road to recovery.  Ever since then, St. Monica has been on my "go-to" list and I have asked her to continue to pray for us continually.

No comments:

Post a Comment