Thursday, March 6, 2014

All the Time, Right?

Here's what caught me today from Luke's Gospel, out of the Jerusalem Bible.  "Anyone who follows me should renounce himself and pick up his cross daily."  It is the word daily that grabbed me.  Daily, as in every day, as in full time occupation, daily as in not just the times when I feel "holy."   It is this phrase I will carry around with me today.

We all have the crosses, in all shapes and sizes.  They are the things we have done and the things that have been done to us.  Personally, I have a good sized list of both.  They are not easy to carry.  But if we renounce and follow and bring them, the Cross becomes our cross and the load begins to lighten.  It is a way of survival.  It's not a walk in the park, but it is a walk for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment