Sunday, September 6, 2020

Changes

 Yesterday, I noticed the changing of the seasons slipping into our lives.  The sun begins it’s descent  and the shadows are a bit longer, the sunlight a bit softer.  The trees are in late summer green.  Green, looking tired, not as fresh as May or June.  Daylight is noticeably shorter.  The last moments of a pandemic summer.  Thought it would be a good time to jump back in here again.  Have been avoiding it.  When I left radio for the last time, I reached a point where I wanted nothing to do with media.  Instead, I wanted to get away and follow the call of a parish deacon.  Which is just what I have been doing.  Except this blog kept popping up in prayer.  And I kept trying to avoid it, until this morning.   Over a very early breakfast (I have a full slate of Masses this morning,)  I returned for the first time in ages to Sister Anne Flanagan’s “Nunblog” to see that the “media nun” is still at it.  Still at it, because that’s her call.  Well, I’ve been a “media whatever” most of my life.  So here I am again.  And I think this is the medium where I belong right now.  So we go forward.  Prayers, please.  Always needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment