Monday, April 12, 2021

A Good Day to Die?

 This morning, I read a twitter post by a lady who’s husband just died at age 38.  My heart and prayers go out to her.  These are the losses that are so difficult!  She noted that 38 is not an age to die.  Well, neither are 16 and 19, the ages of my children when they died.  Both the person who tweeted and me are Catholic, and we believe in eternal life.  Therefore, are we selfish because a spouse, child, close friend, loved one in our life dies suddenly?  Not at all.  When my daughters died, a lady told me not to worry or be upset because they were with God.  Well, I said, that’s the point of my grief....they’re with God, but they aren’t with us.   We don’t deny them that gift, heck, we longed for them and tried to prepare them to receive that gift!  The hard part is that we have to continue the journey without them present.  It’s not an easy journey,

As I wrote above, my heart...and prayers...go to the lady who tweeted, and to all who have recently lost loved ones.  Every morning I pray for those who will die today, and for those they love. That really could be any one of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment