Thursday, February 24, 2022

Dealing With Sin and other notes

     In years past I have talked about one’s own journey with God.  I have been away from here for quite some time, but have returned, and will attempt to pick up where I left off.   I’m not really into Chruch current events.  Doesn’t mean I don’t follow, but I’m not going to participate in a lot of the stuff taking place online.  It’s a diversion.  It keeps us from really facing God and therefore from facing ourselves.

In my own examen before Reconciliation, I saw that Satan was basically distracting me from some big sins that needed to be confessed with much attention on other, perhaps lesser, failings,   The old magician trick…distract with the one hand, while working the trick with the other.   When prayer took me back to one to one with the Lord, the situation became clearer.  I feel freed from an anchor I never fully knew or admitted was there.   

For a long time I had thought of returning to the blog, but kept putting it off.  Looking back, I had my hands full working through life and sometimes felt stuck in place slowly freezing to death (See Dante “Divine Comedy.”)  In this past year, there have been subtle, quiet, but powerful breakthroughs. This latest one has been developing over time and led me to return here.   For years, I worked in communications…I confess, I was a radio deejay, talk show host, news guy.  Later I sold advertising and wrote and produced commercials, before moving into management, (my on-air friends called this a movement to the Dark Side,).   In short, I have some sort of talent which it seems the Lord wants me to put to better use.  And there have been many “distractions” along the way.    So here we go.

When I write or talk about one’s personal journey, there is a red flag.  It can start to sound like, or be taken as, “Me and Jesus.”  That is, it’s all about me and Jesus and the rest of  humanity is “out there,”  and I am being protected by Jesus from it.   Not so.   The personal knowing of Christ leads right to Jesus’ telling us to do what the apostles did…go, and make believers of others.    To me, this journey of faith in this life leads to living the life that Christ led…including the suffering.   My journey goes no where unless I follow this command.  By my ordination, I am a servant.   Coming back to this blog is just one of the ways I am called to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment