Sunday, May 21, 2023

One of These Days…

 ,,,I am gong to work up the courage to read old posts, knowing very well that I’ll find myself thinking  “did I really write this???  What a…(insert descriptive adjective here.).  Because faith is a journey, not a subject, one changes and grows in one’s love of God.  Or, falls back and goes another way.  Or,all of the above.  One step forward, one step backward, two steps sideways.   What comes to mind is St. Catherine of Siena’s imagery of Christ as the bridge to the Father. We cross the bridge, but not in a direct route.  We go forward, backward, sideways…or even fall off the bridge into the rapid river of sin below.  So, we’re all at different places and may see the same journey, live the same journey but have differences about it.

For example, in my own journey, the closer I have come to Jesus, the more I recognize the depth of my sinfulness.  By starting to see the depth of one’s sinfulness, one enters into the struggle of humility vs. pride.  On going struggle.  A few steps forward, a few steps back, or a “time out on the field” to allow the Holy Spirit to work with you.  

Hope we all meet on the other side of the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment